New Zealand Student Visa from Nigeria
A New Zealand Student Visa is necessary for international students who aspire to continue their higher education in New Zealand. The New Zealand Student Visa is an approval on students’ passports endorsing their travel to New Zealand and allowing them to stay for a particular period until their course is completed. Students who choose to study a three-month course or less than a three-month course can get a visitor visa (temporary resident visa). Students who choose to do more than a three-month course and like a 3, 4 or 5-year course must get a Student Visa. Getting the New Zealand Student Visa from Nigeria is a part of the Study Abroad process, as it allows international students to accomplish their global education dream. By legally acclaiming a certain qualification, students can also apply for a post-study work visa to stay for three years in New Zealand after their graduation.
New Zealand Student Visa Types
There are four types of New Zealand Student Visas, each one catering to the different educational needs of the students.
- Fee-Paying Student Visa - This visa is issued to students who can pay their tuition fees by themselves.
- Pathway Student Visa - This visa is for students who want to study three courses consecutively with a single student visa.
- Exchange Student Visa - Students who got approval for the student exchange scheme are eligible for receiving this visa.
Foreign Government Supported Student Visa - This visa is issued to students who received scholarships, grants or loans from their home government to support their higher education costs.
Student Visa Fee for New Zealand from Nigeria
The New Zealand Student Visa fee for Nigerian students costs $295, which is equal to Naira 79,302.73.
New Zealand Student Visa Requirements
There are specific requirements international students have and they should document them beforehand when planning to apply for the New Zealand student visa.
Confirmation letter from the education provider
Proof of funds to show that you can support yourself
Police clearance certificate
Medical and travel insurance.
Score certificate of English Language proficiency exam.
Proof of Onward travel or fund to buy a ticket home.
New Zealand Student Visa Financial Requirements
To get their New Zealand Student Visa finalised, students need to show proof of funds to bear their study and living expenses. In the following, students need to show at least one of the proofs to visa officers.
- NZD$15,000 for the first year of study.
- NZD$1250 for each month if the students’ study program is less than two years.
- If students have New Zealand scholarships such as New Zealand Aid Programme Scholarship.
- A consent letter from a student’s parents or sponsor if they are ready to take care of their expenses in New Zealand.
New Zealand Student Visa Process
The New Zealand Student Visa process is almost the same as other countries. The process takes place as given below.
- Apply for the desired course at a New Zealand educational institute approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Receive your confirmation letter of acceptance from the education institute.
- Apply for the New Zealand Student Visa when it is three months before starting your course.
- Pay the Student Visa application fee.
- Get the necessary documents ready.
- A valid passport.
- Academic transcripts should show excellence in your academics and show that they have studied in the English Medium of Instruction.
- Proof of funds like bank statements, scholarships and bursaries.
- Consent letter from the Parents to use the money if funds are in their name.
- A Recent Medical certificate showing the Tuberculosis test result.
- Proof of fund to book a return ticket.
- Recent Police inspection certificate.
- If students are under 17, consent letter from parents approving their study in New Zealand.
- Proof of Medical and Travel insurance.
When all the documents are submitted successfully, students will be called for the Visa interview.
New Zealand Student Visa Processing Time
The New Zealand Embassy and Consulate office takes around four weeks to finalise the Student Visa application if submitted online and five to six weeks if submitted as a hard copy.
How to Apply for New Zealand Student Visa from Nigeria?
It is enough to follow the New Zealand Student Visa process steps to apply for the same.